Through the Department of Energy CyberForce Competition™, we aim to leverage the people, research and capabilities of the National Laboratory Complex by providing a competition that tests the next generation of cyber professionals’ ability to protect and defend energy-focused critical infrastructure.
- U.S. Citizenship is required to participate.
- Students must be 18 years of age to participate.
- Teams are comprised of 4-6 students that can range from undergraduate, graduate, and PhD levels.
- Team needs to be from an accredited higher education institution and have a university representative/faculty advisor.
- Students may only be a member of one team.
- Once the competition has begun, a team must complete the competition with the team that started the competition. Substitutions, additions, or removal of team members are prohibited except for extreme circumstances.
- Each team will designate a Team Captain, who will act as the team liaison between the competition staff and the team.
- This individual must be present in the team space during the competition.
Successful teams will have:
- A connection to an accredited cyber program.
- A base knowledge in industrial control systems.
- The ability to work together as a team.
- The motivation and want to learn and try new things.
- A passion to think outside the box for defensive measures.
- A drive to provide innovative solutions.